Saturday, March 19, 2011

Kitchen Sign... All Finished!



What up??

Hope you guys are having a great weekend!!  This is birthday weekend for one of my little ladies so things are a bit crazy around here.  Not too crazy to sneak in this post though:-)

I showed you guys the beginning of my kitchen sign in my last post.  Here is how I finished it up...

After distressing all my letters my sign looked a bit like this.


I then took an 80 grit sanding block to all my edges like this.


Once I finished that, I added a line of dark walnut stain around the raw edges and wiped off my excess with an old cloth.  It's a perfect touch to make it look just a bit older.

My final step was adding a sawtooth hanger to the back of the board and putting it on the wall.

What do you think??









Hope you like it!  It was a great piece to break up that big blank space I think.  We will start this month's Shanty Silhouette sale on the 21st.  I will be back before then to show you a great new product.  Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Have a great weekend!!

~Whitney

post signature

20 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your sign look fabulous. I love it. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Jodi said...

I like it, I really like the color you used!

Jodi

Pine Tree Home said...

It's really cute and fits the space well.

Tanya said...

Very cute!!!

Penny of This-N-That said...

This looks great, I love the blue.
Penny

ohiofarmgirl said...

I love it. I would love to put a sign in my kitchen too but I am in the process of changing styles and I just am not sure it will work out...but I do love yours. Dianntha

Jody said...

You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Love that shade of blue. Great job on the sign!!

Paula said...

Awesome job!! Looks great!

Meagan At Fairly Fabulous said...

IT's awesome. Nice job. ;)

Pam said...

Looks great.

Anonymous said...

I thought you forgot about us when you didn't show the finished sign in your next blog as promised. :) Love the final look. Nice job!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Love it! It's in the perfect spot.

hugs
Sissie

Unknown said...

looks SO great!!! What a great way to amp up some of that blank space above a doorway. awesome possum!!

Ashley White Interior Design said...

How cute is that?! I love the color blue you chose. Darling!

Tiffany said...

the walnut stain adds the perfect pop. i'm hoping to get one similar done this wknd.

Lauren - My Wonderfully Made said...

This is SUCH a great idea to fill an 'empty' space -- eye-catching enough but it doesn't 'scream' at you -- love the colors!

Unknown said...

Perfect! Love the distressing.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Wow the sign turned out great.

Laura said...

So awesome!! It looks so good!

 
Designed by Deluxe Designs