Hey guys! So, I owe this post to Whitney. Number 1 ~ she gave me the hand-me-down lamp and Number 2 ~ she gave me the idea for the lamp shade and did the sewing part of it:)
We started with fabric cut into 8 3 inch strips. Then Whitney ruffled each strip and sewed red around the edges for added cuteness.
Next, I hot glued each strip around a 12" drum shade that I purchased at Wal-Mart for $14.99. (This is a great drum shade btw! The color is perfect so you can embelish it anyway you would like!) I folded the ends where they met and hot glued them down for a clean look.
Work in progress....
I haven't decided whether or not I am going to revamp the lamp base. I like it how it is now and I was too impatient to wait to put the shade on!
Little sneak peak of the nursery....
We used the same fabric that we used for the drop cloth curtains. Got it at Hobby Lobby.
My Meme and sister Kyndra found that great chandelier for me at Sam Moon Home Decor store!
Again, I owe this post and my lamp shade to Whitney:) I have absolutely no sewing ability so it could not have been done without her! Thanks Whit!