Friday, September 24, 2010

Ruffled Lamp Shade

Hey guys!  So, I owe this post to Whitney.  Number 1 ~ she gave me the hand-me-down lamp and Number 2 ~ she gave me the idea for the lamp shade and did the sewing part of it:)


We started with fabric cut into 8 3 inch strips.  Then Whitney ruffled each strip and sewed red around the edges for added cuteness.

Next, I hot glued each strip around a 12" drum shade that I purchased at Wal-Mart for $14.99.  (This is a great drum shade btw!  The color is perfect so you can embelish it anyway you would like!)  I folded the ends where they met and hot glued them down for a clean look.

Work in progress....


I haven't decided whether or not I am going to revamp the lamp base.  I like it how it is now and I was too impatient to wait to put the shade on!






Little sneak peak of the nursery....

We used the same fabric that we used for the drop cloth curtains.  Got it at Hobby Lobby.

My Meme and sister Kyndra found that great chandelier for me at Sam Moon Home Decor store!

Again, I owe this post and my lamp shade to Whitney:)  I have absolutely no sewing ability so it could not have been done without her!  Thanks Whit!





post signature

12 comments:

3LittleByrds said...

I love it. So cute. Yall are some talented sisters it must be great to get together and make such wonderful things. I love the nursery.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

That is the cutest lampshade and the lamp base is perfect the way it is.

hugs
Sissie

InMyOwnStyle said...

Very sweet, very clever, and best of all very simple. It is adorable.

Jennifer Hanson said...

LOVE Sam Moon's! I am coming to Dallas for Christmas and can not WAIT to go there. My brother's girlfriend is coming with us too and I am so excited to introduce her to the amazing-ness that is Sam Moon's.

Heather said...

Love how the dresser picks up on the red in the lampshade. Very cute!

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

LOVE! Love the ruffles (how easy!!), love the colors in the room, love the glass knobs, love the curtains!! So adorable!

Kara @ mine for the making

Valerie and the wild bunch said...

How wide did you cut your strips for your board and batten and how high up the wall and how big is your cap piece? I know lots of questions, but I really want to do this in my Master bed

Valerie and the wild bunch said...

Can you give me your measurements you used for your board and batten like how wide how tall and how big your cap piece is? Thanks I really want to do some in my house. By the way y'all are amazing. Makes me miss my sister even more.

Erin said...

The room looks adorable! Love the lamp shade -SO CUTE!!!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Really, really super CUTE!

Nicole @ Chic and Cheap Nursery said...

What a great idea!
And I love that red chandelier!!!

I know. Too many exclamation points... but I'm just so excited.

:-)

- Nicole
www.chiccheapnursery.com

the DeCampos Family said...

love it all
saw the "yellow chair"
just have to tell you i have a similar chair and painted it the same color with glaze and sanding!
thanks i love it!!

 
Designed by Deluxe Designs