Monday, August 17, 2009

Ashley's Candle Holder Redo ~ A Wonderful Whatnot

My latest Wonderful Whatnot turned out to be a favorite of mine! I now have an obsession with painting everything insight! As I walk around my house something catches my eye and I am immediately on a mission to paint it! That’s where the story starts with my candle holders. They were just the basic gold cross candle holders…very commercial! I wanted to customize them right away!
I painted them with the same Antique White acrylic I have been using and glazed them with the Ralph Lauren Smoke Glaze that Whitney owns (next can is on me ~ seeing how we use it every day!) That was pretty much it as far as the candle holders go. I love the way the glaze caught the detail in the crosses!
I couldn’t put any candle on these (that would be so commercial). So, I found some super cheap candles at Hobby Lobby and painted them with Behr Bison Brown eggshell and wrapped cheetah print ribbon around each one! I love the look of the candle holders and the candles now and they are so original and inexpensive! What a transformation ~ Enjoy! I will also be posting this whatnot on Met Monday over at Between Naps on the Porch... You can check it out here!


Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty redo - thanks for sharing.

Lisa Shatzer said...

ooooh, so pretty!

Jennie said...

Those are just wonderful!

ImagineCozy said...

You made quite the improvement!

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

Wonderful makeover, your candleholders look great.


Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I love the glaze on the crosses. I didn't know you could paint candles.

Cheri Peoples said...

I love the lighter color and the glaze. They look really good--GOOD JOB.

This is my first time to your blog. I hope you will come for a visit.
Its So Very Cheri

Carolyn said...

Please give the steps you took to paint the candles....thanks!

Designed by Deluxe Designs