Hey guys:) I have seen these done by so many and I really needed new pillars for my fireplace. I decided to do my own spin on them and I love how they turned out!
Next, I used Gorilla Glue Wood Glue to stack a small square on top of a large square.
I repeated this two more times to construct the pillar bases.
I spray painted all of the pieces with Rust-Oleum Heirloom White.
John and I were married in 2002 so I thought it would be cute to incorporate that into the pillars. I found these super cheap numbers at Home Depot. They were silver but I painted them with Rust-Oleum Metallic Accents Metallic Classic Bronze.
This stuff is cool!
After everything was painted I used Gorilla Glue Wood Glue to build the pillars.
To finish them off I used my 3M sanding block to distress all of the edges, bases and 4x4 pieces.
I then followed up with Minwax Dark Walnut stain to accent the distressed edges.
When I wiped away the stain I rubbed it into the rest of the pillar to give a glazed effect.
These were so cheap! I payed $10 for the 4x4 which made three pillars. That's under $3.50 per pillar!!!
Stop by tomorrow! We have another fun giveaway!