Thursday, December 3, 2009

No one does it like Mom!

UPDATE~ We will be linking our mom's tree up here...



Peanut butter and jelly, macaroni and cheese, banana pudding....you name it but no one can make them like your mom right!  It never fails, you can use the same ingredients, same technique and spend even more time on it and it still tastes better when your mom makes it!  Well there is no exception to this rule in our house when it comes to Christmas trees either!  Every year we analyze how she does it and we go back to our homes and try to mimic her techniques and it never seems to look quite as pretty as hers...

Exhibit A:  Perfectly strewn ribbon....not intentionally placed but yet so intentionally placed...


Exhibit B:  Ornaments galore!!!  Perfectly placed inside the tree and on the outer branches!


Exhibit C:  Perfect clutter!  In this case less is not more...never has clutter been so beautiful!


Exhibit D:  Size matters!  A tall tree with perfectly spaced large ornaments perfectly adorned with a large bow!!!


And there you have it!  Hopefully our kids will one day feel the same way about our Christmas trees...




but until then we will continue to analyze and mimic our moms!

Don't forget about Rustoleum Revamp Link Party and Giveaway this Sunday December 6!  You can get all the information and the button for it HERE!

You can also visit The Shanty Shoppe where we have tons of Christmas gifts available for purchase!


post signature

20 comments:

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Too funny, I’m the same way with my Mom! Her tree is lovely. I love the iridescent ribbon and the beads!
http://domesticprincessintraining.blogspot.com

Blondie's Journal said...

This is one of the prettiest trees I have ever seen! It looks professionally done. I think your kids will grow up loving your trees since you will have learned from the best!!

Have a great weekend, ladies! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Sunday said...

That is so funny that you post about your Mom's tree. I was just telling my Mom that I will never be able to top her tree-it gets prettier each year. I guess Moms are the same everywhere!

Unknown said...

WAY TO GO TO MOM... HUGE PROPS! ITS SO GORGEOUS.. I AM SO W/ YOU.... MY MAMA is the same way.. she is my HERO!

~ Regan said...

That tree is beautiful! I love the monotone red! I am trying to go metallic/neutral this year! Aw, but that tree makes me want to change my mind!!! :))

Patricia said...

What a GORGEOUS tree!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Your tree is beautiful. And just look at it this way, you inherited your Mom's creativity and ability to create all things with love.

Sylvia (at) Lily's Pad and Petals said...

Love this post -
Sylvia

Bonita said...

That tree is gorgeous, one of the prettiest I've ever seen in my life! Your mom is one talented lady and, obviously, she passed that talent to her daughters. I'm fairly new to your blog, but loving it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I'm always in awe of my mom's tree too, but you're right, one day our kids will imitate ours! Hopefully...

Michelle said...

What a beautiful tree!

Enjoy your weekend!
~Michelle :)

Mela said...

absolutely beautiful

Love the Decor! said...

Beautiful!!
Mom should be proud!!

Jeanette said...

Such a beautiful tree. And you are right, no one does it like Mom.

Lolly said...

It is a beautiful tree. I have seen it in person and it is much prettier.

Lolly
aka - Her sister

Judy @ In His Grip said...

Oh, how I love the pink Christmas tree. Come on over and check out my first pink christmas
http://judysturman.typepad.com/in_his_grip/2009/11/its-beginning-to-be-a-pink-christmas.html

Sue said...

Hi Girls, Mom's tree IS pretty. Ya gotta spend time making it look unintentional. It's so full and gorgeous!

PAT said...

You Mom's tree is absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Your Mom's tree is so beautiful! Very elegant!
Merry Christmas and be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Rue said...

Your mom's tree is gorgeous! I've been trying to keep up with my mom for years LOL

rue

 
Designed by Deluxe Designs