After cleaning all the spider webs and other lovely’s off I sprayed the jug with two coats of Rustoleum American Accents paint. This is my first time using this paint and I love it. I found that it went on much better than my usual Valspar from Lowe’s. After letting that dry I decided to put a very light coat of Ralph Lauren glaze on to make those imperfections that I love stand out. I love how it brought out some of the writing on the front of the jug.
My final step in this revamp was inspired by Ashley. I was loving the #7 she put on her new vase and decided to brand mine as well! I used my Cricut machine to cut a #5… this is the number of people in the family and also conveniently happened to be the cutest number I had to choose from. I taped my stencil down to the jug and mixed Americana Ebony and Burnt Umber to get a really dark brown. I used a stencil brush to dry brush my #5 to the jug and I was done.
I love it! Its I found a new home for my shanty in the corner of my living room right between my hearth and armoire. It’s just an extra place to sit for now but I’m sure I will find different uses for it in the future… She would be so cute with a big white pumpkin on top… we will see… I will be sharing this shanty turned chic over at Trash to Treasure at Reinvented and at the Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday... Go check it out girls! http://www.reinventedkb.com/2009/09/pumpkins-rising.html