Saturday, September 26, 2009

10 Things About Us ~ Honest Scrap Award


We would like to thank Morning T, In Stitches and Strictly Simple Style for nominating Shanty2Chic the Honest Scrap Award! It is such an honor to be nominated by these wonderfully talented ladies!
Here are the rules I must follow, upon receiving this award:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "10 Honest Things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.

So: 10 honest things you may wish you NEVER knew about us....

1) Yes, we really are sisters and we have 2 more (plus a brother)! Ashley is the oldest (far right) followed by Whitney (2nd from left), Kyndra (far left ~ she is pregnant and due in November ~ Yay!) and Leasha (2nd from right ~ our brother Tanner is her twin).

2) We are born and raised Texas girls but we did spend a short time of our lives in Florida and the US Virgin Islands in the '80's.

3) We are Christian women, moms, wives, maids, short-order cooks, etc....the list goes on.....


4) Whitney is a stay-at-home mom to 2 girls and 1 boy: Avery 6, Hayden 5 and Chase 3.


5) Ashley works part-time coaching competitive cheer at an all-star gym and is the mother to two boys: Kade 9 and Tris 6.

6) We are obsessed with shanty shopping and have too much FUN in the process.....

Just a little trim......

Now that's a wine glass....... 6) We should probably go ahead and mention that we have made it a rule that when we shanty shop we must dress in shanty attire......

This garb may be a little too shanty...notice the super cute bowling set (from Spice in Waco TX) that inspired us to make our Vintage Bowling Set

8. How our blog started: We both moved into new homes within the past 6 months and we were getting together regularly to paint, destruct and reconstruct, create and find items for our homes. We decided 2 months ago to document our projects and it has grown from there. We love being inspired by all of your wonderful ideas!

9. We are not lucky enough to have our husband's help us with our projects in a timely manor (meaning immediately when we ask) so we are constantly educating ourselves on new tools to further our creativity!

10. We are super excited to announce that we will be hosting our very first Link Party and Give Away Thursday October 8! The theme for the party is 'I Made it Without my Hubby' to honor all of you women who have made projects without the help of your significant other! It can be ANYTHING as long as it was made without the Mr. We can't wait to be inspired by all of your creations!

Now for our nominees in random order:

1 ~ Eating Our Way Around DFW ~ Our wonderful Aunt Laura for her restaurant blog!

2~ The Kirk Krew ~ Our wonderful cousin Jennifer for her cute family blog.

3~ Funky Junk Interiors ~ We love her use of tools and her 'I can do it myself' attitude!

4~ Flower Patch Farm Girl ~ Her bathroom and kitchen renovation says it all!

5~ Twice Remembered ~ Love her style and that RED kitchen! Cutest blog!

6~ Beneath My Heart ~ Super inspirational!

7~ Living with Lindsay ~ This girl knows her hot glue gun!

7 comments:

Tammy@InStitches said...

Girls after my own heart, ya'll know how to use power tools ! Yay

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award! Love your creative projects...
pk @ room remix

Joyce @ The Craft Barn said...

"I Did It Without My Hubby"! ROFL - that's cute. Can't wait to hear more about it - love your blog!

Catherine @ van Breugel Design said...

Congratulation on the award! just found you blog and i am truly enjoying it. thx. Peacelovesweater@blogspot.com

KimMalk said...

Hi Shanty, Chic girls! I found your blog from Today's Creative Blog. I enjoyed your dining room chair make over as well as the Target lamp. I recently started my own blog and was sure no one had found the secret allure of burlap yet. I see you have! It must be great fun to have a sister to be a "partner in crime" with. Wishing you continued success...

Ashley said...

Just found your blog and LOVE how you Texas girls! My husband is from Waco and I am from Austin however we currently reside in Phoenix (for the past 20 years LOL) :) And can I just say Spice might be my favorite store ever! I count down months until I can go back to Waco just for the shopping!
-Ash-

Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating said...

Wow, it's a small world. I just saw the photo of one of you in Spice in Waco. I live and work in Waco. I'm a self-employed interior decorator, and until about five months ago, my business was located in Spice. I was kind of their in-house decorator (although I wasn't employed by them). Fantastic store, huh?

 
Designed by Deluxe Designs