Friday, March 4, 2011

How's it Hangin'

Hi friends!  Things have been a little crazy this past week.  I coach at a competitive cheerleading gym and two of Whitney's girls cheer there.  We had our Nationals competition this past weekend and although it was so fun, we have been drained!  I told you I would share how I put my DIY Wall Art up on the wall so here's a quick tutorial for ya'll!


I started with this metal piece from the garden section at Hobby Lobby.  I used a coupon so it was about $3.00.

I spray painted it with Rust-Oleum Blue Sky spray paint and then roughed it up with my 3M sanding block.

Next, I used a piece of scrap burlap and cut it into a square.  Then I folded it in half to make a triangle.

I rolled it up...

and secured it with a dab of hot glue.

Next, I folded the burlap roll in half and secured with another dab of hot glue.

I pushed a hanging nail through the middle of the burlap

Pushed it through the wall...

and nailed the ends of the burlap roll to the wall as well.


Next, I used a saw tooth hanger, purchased at Hobby Lobby, to hange the Wall Art.  I just used one because I didn't feel like lining up two of them:)




So there it is:)  I hope you all like it!  This entire piece cost me $3.00 and that was just for the iron decoration!  Happy Friday and have a safe weekend!

~Ashley





post signature

8 comments:

Gloria Fox said...

So cute and looks simple, which I love.

I feel ya...my daughter used to be on a competitive cheerleading team (for 6 years) and although we loved it, this time of year was crazy! What team is she on?

Iesha Williams said...

All I can say is GENIUS!

B's Mommy said...

Happy Friday Ya'll from Utah! The burlap is a fun new twist on hanging. For more hanging idea visit:
www.rodworks.com Tons of pics and hanging ideas.
LOVE your ideas & blog!! My favorite!

Deborah said...

Great idea, I love the fabric to hang it with, it looks fab!

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Fabulous - dontcha just love the Lob?

(I used a 40% coupon today for fabric stiffener that never seems to go on sale. Score!)

I really like ironwork - what a great piece. And, such a creative use.

Thanks for sharing!

Jody said...

Catchy title Love crosses!

Janet said...

LOVE this!! Looks GORGEOUS! :)

Kerrie Lightfoot said...

Just discovered your site! I'm a huge new fan. Thank you for all your step by steps!

 
Designed by Deluxe Designs