Monday, December 14, 2009

Whitney's Photo Frame Ornament

Wow... I feel like I have so much to pack into just a few weeks!  I love Christmas decorating and I love any excuse to display pics of the kids so this next project was a hit for me.  I have seen so many photo frame ornaments but I am not about to drop $6 - $12 a pop for these on my tree.  So... I made my own...




I started by purchasing this gold frame at the Dollar Tree for $1... woohoo:)




It was a table top frame so I just popped the holder off the back.




I then gave it a little Rust-Oleum Revamp with my favorite color...
Painter's Touch Heirloom White







Now it needed to be shantied up a bit... So I added a bit of our FAV.... For more info on Ralph Lauren Glaze go visit our Favorite Products link.



You just paint it on and then wipe it off...







Here it is all wiped off...




Now just a add a picture of one of your favorite cuties... I had three favorites but I will just show you one:)




And because the Shanty Sisters are all about jute at the moment I added a bit of it to the top to hang my ornament.




I just cut two pieces of twine and tied a bow at the top...




... and added a bit of hot glue!




That was it... For just about $1 I have a great ornament that can be changed out each year.  I love it!  Want to see it on the tree?? Ok!



















Thanks so much for stopping by guys!!






post signature

27 comments:

InMyOwnStyle said...

I love the dollar store, with a little imagination and some adjustments their stuff can really look high end. I especially like the way you added the twine instead of ribbon.

Wendy said...

I just love the dollar store! What a great idea! I have never used glaze; thank you for sharing!

Blondie's Journal said...

I love it!! You made it look so simple, Whitney! What color glaze did you use?

xoxo
Jane

Folkman's said...

So cute! And I bet the kids love seeing their picture on the tree too!

The Book Addict said...

I love this! And sooo thrifty! :-)

The Soladay Family said...

I love this idea! So simple and perfect! WHy didn't I think of that!?

KirkKrew said...

Cute! Your tree looks great!

Team Skousen said...

This is too cute!! I love that glaze too!

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!
(not the picture frame, silly...your daughter!)
That's your daughter, right? She looks just like you!
Blessings,
Traci

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!
(not the picture frame, silly...your daughter!)
That's your daughter, right? She looks just like you!
Blessings,
Traci

Janine Claire Robinson said...

Just so beautiful. I was just thinking this year how beautiful a tree would look decorated by pictures of my loved one. You did it so tastefully. Absolutely beautiful. Janine

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

You sisters are just whirlwinds of projects! Thanks for joining my party & I wish you both a very Merry Christmas!

Jeanette said...

What a great idea! Gotta love that dollar store. The little girl is just precious! Merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

You guys come up with the greatest ideas! I'll have to check the dollar stores around here for some chunky little frames. Thanks for sharing another great one! Merry Christmas.

Sue said...

What a wonderful idea, you did a wonderful job with this ornament.
Sue

Hopeful Housewife said...

Love it! I did my whole tree with dollar store frames!
http://ourhopefulhome.blogspot.com/2009/11/2009-tree-teaser.html

Unknown said...

Adorable! (the girl and the frame!:))
How did you get the easel thingy off the back?

Anonymous said...

love it! i love the dollar store! i too have a tree full of silver little frames! i picked them up for cheap last year after Christmas! but i think i might have to make one of these! thanks!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Such a cute idea and it looks so easy!! Love & blessings from NC!

Shirley said...

Little framed photos make the best decorations. People really stop and look at them! I have lots but they are all of all out pets we've had and out horses!. (We're big animal people!)

Katie said...

That is gorgeous! I want to make these now!!!!!! THANKS!!!!

meridith said...

Adorable! Merry Christmas!

Valerie said...

so, so cute! I have to file this away to use next year! thanks for sharing!

Vanessa said...

These are great! Why is it that something so simple can be so profound sometimes? Definitely need to make these for next year!

Elder Esplin said...

CUTE! Those would go perfect on MY tree. I'm copying this one! Thanks!

=Jennie

Jo at MoJo Home said...

What a great idea! I've been buying picture frame ornaments every year for the past 15 so I'm really excited to try this. They're beautiful, thanks!

Wendy said...

Of course I adore it!

 
Designed by Deluxe Designs