Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ashley's Wonderful Whatnot ~ Clock Transformation

Hi all! I haven’t posted any projects this past week ~ to say it has been a crazy week would be an understatement ~ but, on with the projects! My newest Wonderful Whatnot is my clock transformation! I was inspired by the clock that Kim did on her blog Twice Remembered! Her clock transformation turned out so wonderful that it inspired me to transform my own!


It started out as an average (as my cousin Jennifer would say) “commercial” brown clock. It was pretty but not exciting so I had to spice it up a little!

I painted 2 coats of the Antique White acrylic, let that dry and then glazed it with the Ralph Lauren Smoke Glaze. I cut a circle the size of the face of the clock with a cute piece of scrapbook paper I had to cover the face of the clock. I then disassembled the clock (hoping I would be able to get it back together again), punched a hole through the front of the “new face” with a pin (punching the hole through the print side of the paper makes for a smooth hole on the front side) and reassembled the clock. This was a very quick project and I love the completed transformation! Enjoy! I will be posting this at Make Your Monday over at Twice Remembered... Check it out!!! http://twiceremembered.blogspot.com/2009/08/make-your-monday-week-five-add-your.html










7 comments:

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

I LOVE it! Oh my, it's like night and day! The smoke glaze really brought out the nice details, didn't it?! The paper you used for the face is really pretty, too, and I love the simplicity of leaving it clutter free without numbers. Excellent job!

Andréann said...

It looks really unique!

Unknown said...

I love your sweet clock. What a great creative idea.

Charla

Anonymous said...

The crackle is great...nice re-make! Charming!

love, kelee

TidyMom said...

I LOVE this!! I've been looking for a clock for my office, haven't found one yet!- great makeover!

~TidyMom

Its So Very Cheri said...

That is gorgeous and it looks like you used crackle paint.
I hope you will come over and check out this weeks Knock off and I bet you have some things you could post to the KNOCK OFF KNOCK OUT Party.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Jacey Autumn Photography said...

GREAT IDEA! the cracks give it so much personaliy :)

 
Designed by Deluxe Designs