Wow! It's been a long time since I have posted!!! I know Whit shared with you all where I have been spending the majority of my time lately so I won't go into it anymore!! I am also still painting the Cameron Storage System that I built and it is taking a long time and a lot of paint but I am so excited to get it in my gameroom!
I do have a fun project to share with you all!!! This is a shelf that I made for my boys bathroom. I am going with the whole mature western theme because they are getting older and it is the only bathroom we have upstairs. I want it to be "manish" but still chic...it's a work in progress:)
So, I didn't get any tutorial pictures but it is very easy to explain how I did this!
1) I started with an unfinished wooden shelf from Hobby Lobby. You can purchase them at Garden Ridge and Michael's as well.
2) I took the knobs off and painted the shelf with 2 coats of acrylic Burnt Umber.
3) I painted the knobs with with acrylic Antique White and then painted on an acrylic crackle medium followed by acrylic Burnt Umber. When you are crackling you can only go over with the top color one time or it will not crackle properly.
4) Do you see those super cute letters? I bought them from Hobby Lobby for about $2.00 each. They are the paper mache letters near the unfinished wood. I painted these and crackled them with the same colors and steps as the knobs.
5) I purchased the barrels from Anthropology on clearance and rolled up 3 hand towels for each barrel to coordinate with the color scheme of the bathroom. I purchased the hand towels at Wal-Mart for $1.50 each!
I just love how this shelf turned out! It's the perfect "western" touch for a big boy bathroom without going overboard:) This is a very fun color scheme for me as well and I can't wait to tackle the rest of their bathroom!!!
Check out Cheap Thrills Decor!!! The most creative design and remodeling business around!!! If you are local you can visit the Cheap Thrills Decor warehouse in Keller, TX! If you're not local it's worth the road trip:)
13017 Gateway Alliance Drive
Keller, Texas 76248